Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Hello there

If you are reading this, you probably know me.  And you probably know that I have been promising (threatening?) to start a blog for a long time.  Too long, in fact.

For a while, my excuse was that I didn't have a name for the blog.  But social media crowd-sourcing fixes most problems these days, and my friend Jill came to the rescue. 

For the past few months, the problem has been my inability to jump into a box.  Am I a mommy blogger?  A philanthropy "expert"?  A Jewish community pundit?

Is this a blog about philanthropy, or fitness, or family?  Is is about the nonprofit sector?  About community building?  About the Jewish world?

In the beginning, at least, Fishing For Good is ultimately a blog about me.  The selfish act of blogging is really about opening up my journal (the not-so-personal parts) and sharing them.  Talking about what I am thinking and hoping that it might of interest to someone else as well. 

So I plan to focus on my quest for good in many spaces in my life.  And how that quest has led me to realize that the things I am thinking and lessons I am learning - about being a parent, an amateur runner, a nonprofit professional, a community member - are connected to each other.

Stay tuned.  Be nice, because you are my friends, but let me know what is interesting and what is boring, and let me know where you are finding good in your lives.   

2 comments: